**PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO 2013 EVENT**
Due to an increased workload at the production company we are unable to bring you an event this year. We do intend to stage future events, with a new & improved structure, which will differ slightly to previous events. Details will be posted here. Thank you.
WE ARE OPEN FOR ENTRIES FROM 2nd APRIL - 3rd AUGUST 2012.
* This project invites new writers to submit plays which are approximately 7-minutes long
* A selection panel will choose 10 finalists who will be invited to stage their 7-minute play at the Partington Theatre in Glossop, on Saturday 20th October 2012
* Finalists should provide their own actors/directors. The Ovation team can assist in the finding of actors if
necessary. Our staff will operate all lights and sound. The finalists should provide all props and furniture,
keeping the setting up and striking of the set to a minimum to ensure the smooth running of the event. (*Tip: keep
your setting & technical requirements simple!) A stage crew is available at the event.
* A £3.00 entry fee applies per submitted script. There is no limit to the number of plays each entrant can submit.
* Entries can be submitted by post only. Please send submissions to:
Planet Rabbit Productions <<PO Box address no longer in operation from April 2013>>
Please include email contact details with your script for an acknowledgement receipt to be sent via email only.
Please make entry fee cheques payable to: Planet Rabbit Productions
* Writers are asked to attach a short personal biography, (a little bit about yourself), with the script. This will also be printed in the event programme and posted on this website.
* The closing date for entries is: Friday 3rd August 2012
* All 10 chosen finalists will be notified by email on: Monday 27th August 2012
* A cast list/director's name will be required for inclusion in the event programme by: Mon 8th October 2012
* Three awards will be presented on the evening; Best Writing, Best Actor, Best Production
* Two winners will be selected by a judging panel. One will be selected by the audience
* Tickets are available to buy to be in the audience of this event.
Unfortunately complimentary tickets are not available for this event - any writers, directors & actors involved in the final 10 pieces wishing to sit in the auditorium are asked to purchase tickets from the box office.
This is a non-funded event produced by a non-funded production company
*As a non-funded event we do not provide funds for writers to engage actors, or for travel expenses, etc. This is the responsibility of the writer. However, we will help and support writers in any way we can.
* For any queries please contact us by email at: email@example.com